Monday, June 28, 2010

Saving Money at Safeway - Day After the Beach Edition

Sunday I was dog-tired from a fabulous day at the beach with my hubbie and littles. The last thing I wanted to do is go to the grocery store - sans hubbie. He was at work. But with a little planning, I was able to get in and out of the grocery store quickly. You can do it too! This is what I did to make my life easier.

1. I prepped my grocery list on Thursday night by matching my coupons to the sales ad. I knew that I wouldn't be home on Friday night so I did this ahead of time.

2. I checked my favorite blogs to make sure I didn't miss any great deals.

3. I went to Safeway's website and created my shopping list using their weekly ad. Their site is soooo easy to use. :) All you do is click the items you want to ad and print.

4. The most important thing of all when shopping with children. I promised them a treat if they were good!

Here are a couple of the great deals I was able to snag....

(4) Assorted Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers, $2.19 each
-$1.31/1 X 4 Club Card savings
-.50/1 X 4 Goldfish printable, doubled
-.50/1 Shortcuts e-coupon
Price: FREE!!! Plus 98 cents overage!

(3) Kraft Salad Dressing, $3.29 each
-$1/1 Kraft Salad Dressing 6/6 SS
Price: 49 cents each plus $2 OYNO for buying 3 - looks like I made 53 cents on that deal :)

(2) Ball Park Hot Dogs, $3.99 each
-$2.49/1 X 2 Club Card Savings
-.75/1 X 2 Ball Park printable (no longer available)
Final Price: FREE!!!

On this trip, I received $157.40 worth of groceries for $46.99! That is a savings of 70%! Plus I received a coupon for $2 OYNO, a free gallon of milk OYNO and mailed away for a $6 rebate. Not too bad for a Sunday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment