Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Protein Stock Up



Monday night the kids and I ventured out to Safeway and Harris Teeter. There wasn't a whole lot in the ad that I was interested in this week so I just concentrated on a meat stock up and a few great deals. If you're wondering why there isn't ever produce in my pictures, it is because I usually spend $20-30 on deals each week and my husband spends the remainder of our budget on dairy and produce at Wegmans. Wegmans has the best quality produce and the best everyday pricing.

I had a $3.50 OYNO from Safeway expiring from a granola bar deal I did a few weeks ago. I didn't see anything deal worthy in the ad except chicken. I can always use chicken!

(2) 4-lb bags of frozen boneless, skinless chicken, $10.99
-$8.46 Club Card Savings
-$3.50 OYNO Coupon
Price: $1.25 per pound! Great price for chicken breasts :)

Got to love a savings of 54% on chicken :)

Then we made our way over to Harris Teeter. I really wanted to buy the shrimp and olive oil that were on sale. Unfortunately, there were sold out of the olive oil and I forgot to ask for a raincheck.

(1) 2-liter Sierra Mist, $1.89
-$.22 VIC Savings
-$1.67 FREE item coupon (catalina machine printed this out last week)
Price: FREE!!

(2) CapriSun 10-packs, $2.99
-$2.04 VIC Savings
-$.20 EVIC Savings
-$1/2 CapriSun printable (no longer available)
Price: $1.37 each

(1) Harris Teeter Peanut Butter Crackers, $2.29
-$2.29 VIC Savings (FREE WYB 2 CapriSuns)
Price: FREE!!!

(2) 2-lb bags of Frozen Shrimp
-$34.66 VIC Savings (B1G2 FREE sale - each bag rings up at 66% off)
Price: $8.65 each

(1) Yoplait Trix Yogurt, $2.99 each
(1) Yoplait GoGurt, $2.99 each
-$1.98 VIC Savings
-$.75/2 Yoplait Kids Yogurt MQ, doubled
Price: $1.25 each

(1) Hillshire Farm Honey Ham, $4.49
-$1.15 VIC Savings
-$1/1 Hillshire Farm Lunchmeat printable
Price: $2.33 each

(2) Jimmy D's Breakfast Sandwiches,$4.99 each
-$1/1 Jimmy D's printable
-$4.99 BOGO Jimmy D's MQ (printed out of the catalina machine last week)
Price: $2.00 each

Total Before Coupons and Sales - $82.57
Total After Coupons and Sales - $28.87

That's a savings of 65%! Pretty good savings considering I bought shrimp :)

No comments:

Post a Comment